REMOTE Seattle, WA
Staff Software Engineer
We are looking for engineers to help us build reliable backend APIs and services that power our application and support the collection, processing, and retrieval of security related telemetry.
- Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered web services
- Improves code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability.
- Writes, co-writes, and reviews design documentation.
- Works with their team and adjacent teams to solve problems. Escalates problems that have wider scope.
- Assists and teaches other engineers on an individual basis.
- Independently responsible for the entire lifecycle of projects or features including engineering design, development, and deployment.
- Experience, 5+ years of software design and application development.
- Experience in developing high performance and scalable web services.
- Experience developing extensible APIs and highly maintainable services.
- Experienced with back-end languages such as C#, Go, or Python
- Familiarity with database technology
- BS Computer Science preferred
- Candidate must be authorized to work and reside in the United States; we do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
- Health/Dental/Vision: 100% covered for employee and family
- Life and Long-term disability insurance: 100% covered
- 401(k): up to 4% match
- Flexible paid leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Open intellectual property policies: allow researchers to retain rights over open-sourced research and tools
- $225 monthly internet and cell phone stipend
- $1,000 annual technology / marketing budget
- $5,000 annual training/conference budget
- Salary $140k – $170k + equity
- TC $212 – $262K