SEATTLE , WA HYBRID
Software Development Manager
We are looking for a passionate and proficient Engineering Manager to join our flourishing ecommerce business. As an Engineering Manager, you will take the reins of a team of skilled software engineers and drive the technical direction and delivery of our ecommerce platform.
Your role will encompass working closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, design, and operations, to ensure that our platform is built with scalability, reliability, and innovation in mind. This entails overseeing the implementation of best practices and continuously evaluating and improving our development processes.
As a key decision-maker, you will be responsible for defining the technical roadmap and executing it in a timely and efficient manner. You will also be responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of our codebase, as well as mentoring and guiding your team to achieve their full potential.
- Collaborate closely with product managers to shape and refine the boundaries of what’s possible. Transform product visions into technical solutions, designs, and user experiences through iterative delivery. Ensure that the final product meets the highest standards of excellence and delivers exceptional value to users.
- Define and execute the technical strategy for our ecommerce platform, ensuring that it meets the needs of our customers and business.
- Possess the capability to actively participate in hands-on feature development (approximately 10% of the time), but primarily focus on leading and motivating the team to create exceptional user experiences across our website, ecommerce, account management, and catalog services.
- Own the code quality and technical vision for your team’s domains.
- Decompose large projects into incremental delivery milestones, estimate the work, and help keep it on track.
- Coach and mentor software engineers to encourage professional growth in both behaviors and competencies.
- Collaborate with team leads to drive great process and a great team culture.
- Effective performance evaluation, including ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal evaluations.
- Manage software projects to meet commitments for time and quality.
- Establish a culture of quality and accountability within and across teams.
- Create an environment where software quality and safe, rapid delivery is an expectation.
- Manage the recruiting process to maintain appropriate levels of staffing and training.
- Organize and encourage team and individual learning opportunities.
- 3+ years’ experience managing and growing software engineering teams as a people manager.
- Experience identifying and nurturing outstanding technical talent.
- Strong knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Strong knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns
- Experience establishing and enforcing coding and process best practices.
- Experience working in eCommerce domains is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
Job Type / Salary
- Full Time
- Base Salary: $180,000 – $195,000 DOE
- *Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is offered in addition to salary.
- Paid Time Off: 5 weeks accrued per year.
- Health Benefits: Zero cost premium options for Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement: 401(k) with 4% Safe Harbor match, no vesting period
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Savings Accounts
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Confinement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount