Principal Software Engineer
Talis Consulting Group is excited to present an exceptional career opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer at a prominent Risk Management provider that has been consistently recognized as one of Washington State’s top 100 Best Companies to work for. Boasting an impressive 100-year legacy, this company stands as a leading provider in the western region and is strategically poised for expansion into new markets over the next decade.
This role comes with a great deal of empowerment, entailing a range of responsibilities. These include technical analysis, specifications development, application and software development, maintenance, advisory services, and project tasks, all carried out in alignment with established methods, industry best practices, and Company standards.
This hire is part of a significant modernization effort for a core line of business. As the Principal Software Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in this journey.
- 15 years of experience as a Software Development Engineer, or in a similar role.
- Demonstrated expertise in multi-cloud environments specifically Azure and AWS
- Proven track record of API development and discovery (REST, Swagger).
- Experience with ASP.NET (legacy & modern).
- Front-end development (Angular, React, VueJS, HTML, CSS).
- Experience with .NET Framework (legacy) and .NET.
- Proficiency in Visual Studio and VS Code.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of database platforms (SQL Server, DynamoDB, Cosmos).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- A commitment to staying updated with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- This position is 100% Remote. Local candidates have the opportunity for hybrid if they choose. However, it’s not required.
- Candidate must be authorized to work and reside in the United States; we do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates that have demonstrated experience with tech modernization efforts.
- Base Salary range $160,000 – $185,000
- Total comp (base + full bonus potential) $184,000 – $212,750
- Strong health & wellness benefits. Generous PTO
- 2 employer matched retirement plans